Study in:United States
Deadline: 15 May 2019
Graduates of the Health Administration program at Valparaiso University will be prepared to assume leadership roles in this growing, yet changing enterprise, and will bring a background that helps them deal with the current and forthcoming ethical challenges of medicine and health care.
Of specific relevance to establishing a master’s program in health administration at Valparaiso University is the Lutheran church’s longstanding history of active engagement in health issues through hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, and other health care facilities and indemnity programs.
- Understanding the Profession and Health Care Organizations
- Financial Management
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Managing and Analyzing Health Care Information
- Quality Health Care Management
- Leadership and Managing People
- Legal Issues in Health Care
- Ethical Issues in Health Care
- Organizational and Government Policy in Health Care
- Marketing and Promotion
- Health in the Community
- International Health and Health Care Organizations
- Global Health
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 3 on a US 4.0 grading scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on a 4.0 scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Graduate from an accredited college or university.
- Complete Valparaiso ‘s Application Profile and Form
- Submit Official Transcripts
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- Reflective essay
- Pay Application Fee
- Passport Copy
- TOEFL (minimum 80) IELTS (minimum 6.0)
- Financial support documents (must show at least $30,120 for most programs)
Scholarships and Funding
Study Abroad students often use a combination of financial aid and scholarships. Exploring all of the resources available to you will be very helpful as you plan your finances for Study Abroad.
Valparaiso University financial aid and scholarships apply to affiliated programs abroad, with the exception of some music/athletic performance scholarships, so your payment plan remains the same. It is important to consult with your financial aid advisor before applying to Study Abroad so that you know what the cost will be and that you will be covered.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 15 May 2019
- For more details please visit program website.