Deadline: 1 June 2019
Biomedical Science draws on the disciplines of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and neuroscience and the para-clinical disciplines of microbiology, pathology and pharmacology to understand and treat human disease.This Biomedical Science from The University of Western Australia emphasises on cutting-edge research and its translation to healthy living and to clinical diagnosis and treatment of disease. You are able to focus on advancing your knowledge through coursework or research. Biomedical Science has increasingly embraced the overarching disciplines of human genetics, epigenetics and genomics to understand how gene-environment interactions define the human phenotype in its normal and diseased states. The program places strong emphasis on developing research literacy.
- Biomedical Science Research in Context—Literature Review
- Global Challenges in Biomedical Science
- Human Evolutionary Ecology
- Human Reproduction
- Biological Anthropology: Genes and Society
- Human/Primate Social Organisation
- The Conduct, Ethics and Communication of Science
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in July 2019
You can apply until: 1 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.