Deadline: 1 May 2019
Cartography – a specific branch of knowledge with a wide range of applied character. So, this program is to provide and educate future professionals essential cartographic theory and applied knowledge of methods, techniques and basic GIS technology, to promote a systematic approach to research phenomena, to be able to highlight, analyse and solve methodological problems, individually and collectively conduct research and implement practical cartographic projects using different technologies, to be able to create and manage application projects.
- Database design
- Application programming for spatial data systems
- Methodology of scientific research
- Topographical maps and plans
- GIS methodology and applications
- Cartographic information management
- Base of cartographic communication
- Scientific project
- Earth remote sensing observation
- GIS models and special maps
- Professional practice
- Territorial areas and networks
- Land planning and cadastre
- Geography of Cultural Landscape
- Mathematical cartography
- Map publishing technologies
- Methodology of thematic mapping
- Dissemination of cartographic information on the Internet
English Language Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Geography, Physical Geography, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Mathematic, Informatics, Informatics Engineering;
- English language proficiency – the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
State Funded Places
Citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), persons (non-EU/EEA) granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin can apply for the State Funded Place in the program.
Tuition Fee Waiver
Tuition waiver will be awarded to the most motivated and competent international non-EU/EEA students applying for Vilnius University Master programs taught in English or Russian language. This scholarship covers full cost of the tuition fee of the selected Master‘s study program.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 May 2019
- For more details please visit program website.