Deadline: 1 Apr 2019
The Mathematical Sciences program offered by Utrecht University is part of the national Mastermath Program, a collaboration of Dutch Mathematics Departments who joined efforts to enhance their Master’s programs. Due to this collaboration you can benefit from an exceptional list of mathematical courses, offered either by Utrecht University or another Dutch University.
Graduates generally have no problem finding employment because mathematics plays an important role in many aspects of society. You can pursue a career in science by enrolling in a PhD research program or by working for a research laboratory. The professional workplace also offers a wide range of job opportunities. A few examples of jobs held by recent graduates from Mathematical Sciences include:
- PhD student
- Researcher for Statistics Netherlands (CBS)
- Researcher in industry
- Business consultant
- Data analyst
- Mathematics Colloquium
- Mathematics for Industry
- Orientation on Mathematical Research
- Seminar Selected Topics in the Calculus of Variations
- Seminar Scientific Computing
- Seminar Applications of Mathematics in Radiation Research
- Seminar Algebraic Topology
- This is a selective master. You will be considered for admission to the Master’s program Mathematical Sciences if you hold a University bachelor degree and can demonstrate a high level of knowledge and command of methods & skills in the relevant field.
Additionally we consider:
- Motivation and talent (also on the basis of average grade and past studies progress).
- General high level of professional and intellectual ability.
- Command of the English language.
Scholarships, fellowships, and grants offered by Utrecht University, the Dutch government, and other organisations can help fund your studies at the university. You can begin your search for funding by reviewing the list below, which contains some of the scholarships and loans available to international students:
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
- Holland Scholarships
- Orange Tulip Scholarships
- Canadian student loans
- Fulbright / NAF
- US Federal Loans
- Erasmus+ Master loans
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 April 2019
- For more details please visit program website.