Deadline: 1 June 2019
On the other hand, the design of advanced technology materials, fabrication of semiconductor devices, the development of optical communication systems have all evolved as applications of physics. Our department has both theoretical and experimental research activities. Quantum information theory, gravitation, and condensed matter physics are among our theoretical research interests. On the experimental research side, we have three advanced laboratories where we focus on solid state lasers, optoelectronic and nano-photonic materials and devices.The Master Degree in Physics Program (without Thesis) is offered by Koc University.Our M.S. Program without thesis aims at teaching fundamental physics at a high level and coupling this knowledge with a research experience in either theoretical or applied physics depending on the interests of the student.The M.S. program without Thesis option requires that the students successfully complete a minimum of 30 credits (with 10 courses) beyond a Bachelor’s degree. The non-thesis option also consists of a non-credit pass or fail M.S. Project course.
- Academic Writing
- Classical Mechanics
- Classical Electrodynamics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics I
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics II
- Experimental Physics
- Statistical Mechanics I
- Statistical Mechanics II
- Optical And Laser Spectroscopy
- Condensed Matter Physics I
- Condensed Matter Physics II
- Applied Mathematics I
- Computational Physics
- Classical Field Theories
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc, 3 for Ph.D) (3 for MS in Molecular Biology and Genetics)
- TOEFL or ÜDS/KPDS/YDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- – TOEFL Internet Based: Minimum Score 80 (Exams taken in Turkey must be carried out at the State Universities.)
- – ÜDS/KPDS/YDS: 80
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from Foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
KU Graduate Fellowship for Physics Program is a unique and highly competitive MS and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants.
Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
For more information, please visit programme website.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.