Deadline: 20 July 2019
New materials with unique properties are crucial for further development of optoelectronics and nanoelectronics. Photonic structures based on these materials are actively used as building blocks for high-performance devices for data storage, communication, computing and in energy-saving technologies. Today the leading positions in research and development of modern materials belong to international projects, so the education process implies the active collaboration with Russian and international academic and industrial partners of the program.By studying the Master’s program in Functional Materials in Optoelectronics from ITMO University students will learn:
- to characterise functional materials
- to design new materials with specific mechanical, magnetic and optical properties, semiconductor nanomaterials and materials with hybrid properties
- to develop processes for the synthesis of functional materials with pre-defined structure and physical properties for photonic and electronic applications.
The graduates of this M.Sc. in Functional Materials in Optoelectronics from ITMO University acquire a range of competencies essential for PhD studies and future career in the leading companies, research institutions and scientific laboratories both in Russia and abroad.
- Introduction to Photonics
- Modern Material Physics
- Modern Semiconductor Nanotechnology
- Semiconductor Physics
- Solid State Theory and Crystallography
- Methods for Material Characterization
- Photo and Optoelectronic Materials
- Physical Kinetics on Solid Surfaces
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
Track Optoelectronic Materials:
- Growth and Physical Properties of Crystals
- Nanomechanics of Functional Materials
- Microstructure and Properties of Materials for Electrotechnical Applications
- Low-Dimensional Systems
- Optical Effects in Solids
Track Semiconductor Nanostructures for Photonics:
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy of Nanostructures
- III-V Semiconductor Nanowires: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- Wide-Gap Semiconductor Materials
- Nucleation Theory With Applications
English Language Requirements
This program requires students to demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Schedule a TOEFL® test
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Engineering or relevant field with excellent/good grades.
- CV & motivation letter.
- Upper-intermediate level of English.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 20 July 2019
- For more details please visit program website.