Deadline: 31 July 2019
The aim of this program is to provide students with the key competencies required by a professional accountant in an ever changing business and ethical environment.Successful graduates of the MA in Accounting Program at Maynooth University will have exemption from the penultimate examination (CAP2) of Chartered Accountants Ireland and equivalent exemptions from other professional accounting bodies. Prospective employers will have access to a group of high achievers with CAP2 exemptions (thus minimising future study leave requirements) who have been intellectually challenged by the depth of the program.
- Auditing and Assurance
- Management Accounting and Strategic Finance
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Case Studies in Accounting
- Minor Thesis
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Applicants will normally be expected to have achieved a 2.1 result or better in the BA Finance and Accounting program or BBS Business or Accounting programs at Maynooth University or an equivalent degree program and full CAP 1 exemptions.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 31 July 2019
- For more details please visit program website.