Study in:New Zealand
Deadline: 30 Apr 2019
It comprises a selection of four papers from ten papers offered, and can be completed on a part-time basis. The papers include both distance- and Internet-based theoretical teaching, and a practical ‘hands-on’, on-campus component.The Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine at University of Otago has been developed to reflect the expanding knowledge of pain control mechanisms, including advances in biomedical interventions and cognitive behavioural management. The academic components of the certificate are designed to provide an understanding and working knowledge of the structure, function, disorders and diseases of the musculoskeletal system; modern pain management methods; and scientific method and biostatistics.
- linical Diagnosis
- Introduction to Pain
- Introduction to Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal Tissues
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Regional Disorders – Spine
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in July 2019
You can apply until: 30 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.