Deadline: 30 Apr 2019
Participants study health systems and health economics in the public health program and a suite of recommended papers in business.Those most likely to benefit from the program are health professionals moving into managerial roles, managers taking up positions in the health sector, and those in existing health management positions seeking both to advance their skills and to enhance their understanding of the sector and their role within it.The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management at University of Otago, aside from its academic and vocational relevance, also provides students with an opportunity to work with colleagues drawn from a range of health and management backgrounds.
- Society, Health and Health Promotion
- Public Policy and Health Systems
- The Economics of Health Policy Decision Making
- Economic Evaluation
- International Health Systems
- Healthy Public Policy
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
At least 2 year(s) of work experience are required.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in July 2019
You can apply until: 30 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.