Study in:New Zealand
Deadline: 30 Apr 2019
The Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine at University of Otago is a stand-alone qualification used as a qualifying entry point for admission to Fellowship of Occupational Medicine training for specialist training in many countries around the world.
Occupational medicine practice encompasses the full breadth of clinical medicine, but also requires practitioners to be highly competent in a range of other specialist areas of practice. Managing the health of workers requires not only a good understanding of the hazards that affect the health of workers, and the effect that worker’s health status has on work ability, but also their clinical and operational significance. This requires a good understanding of how to assess the scientific literature and its meaning in terms of application.
- Health, Work and Behaviour
- Clinical Occupational Medicine
- Managing Occupational Medicine
- Health and Industry
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in July 2019
You can apply until: 30 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.