Study in:United States
Deadline: 1 May 2019
The profession has evolved into a necessary part of all programs that involve radiation, including anything from naturally occurring radioactivity to man-made sources of radiation. Sources of radiation range from naturally occurring radioactivity to reactors. Successful persons in health physics have broad backgrounds in physics, biology, instrumentation and have an understanding of risks and risk analysis.Required course work of this Radiological Health Sciences, Health Physics Specialization at Colorado State University is structured to provide a sound foundation in the basic skills essential to the health physics profession. Students may concentrate on specific areas of interest through a wide selection of elective courses. Formal course work is supplemented by extensive laboratory exercises, field trips and research.
The M.S. in Radiological Health Sciences, Health Physics Specialization is accredited by the Applied Sciences Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Radiological Physics and Dosimetry
- Nuclear Instruments and Measurements
- Principles of Radiation Biology
- Introduction to Radiation Biology
- Radiation Public Health
- Environmental Contaminant Modeling
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required.
- Any other materials that individual departments or programs may require of applicants.
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
Institutional scholarships are funded by CSU and are awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, or outstanding talent. Requirements vary by scholarship.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 1 May 2019
- For more details please visit program website.