Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 26 Jul 2019
Students develop an understanding of the areas involved in synthetic biology, including engineering principles, mathematical modelling, advanced molecular biology, microbiology, biochemical engineering and necessary chemistry. Modules also provide the necessary skills for acquisition and critical analysis of the primary scientific literature and transferable research development skills. The Synthetic Biology program offered by the University College London (UCL) includes a major research project that will provide in-depth training in synthetic biology research methods.
- Synthetic Biology Research Project
- Synthetic Biology
- Research Skills
- Transferable Skills in Bioprocess Research and Development
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Normally, a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, biomedical sciences, life sciences, biochemical engineering, chemical biology or any related subject area, or a medical degree (MBBS), or a physical sciences degree, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applicants with an appropriate professional qualification and relevant work experience may also apply.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 26 Jul 2019
- For more details please visit program website.