Deadline: 15 Mar 2019
MA in Quantitative Economics gives students strong preparation in contemporary economic theory and econometric analysis methods enabling them to analyse and forecast economic processes. The program has a special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory and solving real life economic problems. Graduates will be able to continue their education in economics PhD programs or follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organizations, consultation firms and international companies. After completing the program, the student:
- knows the main concepts in economics and has acquired the skills of making critical assessments over the applicability of these concepts;
- has acquired the ability to apply both micro- and macroeconomic models for analysing the problems which arise in economic practice;
- knows how to verbally, graphically, mathematically and empirically analyse and forecast both the behaviour of economic agents and also the impact of governmental policies;
- acquires experience in approaching complicated theoretical questions, as it enhances the ability to work with the literature at the scientific level;
- is ready to work at field-specific positions, thereat demonstrating high level of initiative and responsibility, together with management and teamwork skills
- has acquired the field-related terminology in English;
- has gained the experience of conducting scientific research and solving real life economic related problems in practice, together with the enhanced ability to express oneself both in writing and verbally.
The Quantitative Economics comprises the following modules:
- Quantitative Methods in Economics (30 ECTS)
- Economic Models (42 ECTS)
- Elective module (12 ECTS)
- Optional courses (6 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
Students who wish to continue their education in economics PhD programs or follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organizations, consultation firms and international companies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent: applicants are required to have passed prerequisite subjects in the following areas: mathematics for the value of 9 ECTS and probability and mathematical statistics for the value of 6 ECTS.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 15 Mar 2019
- For more details please visit program website.