Study in:New Zealand
Deadline: 10 Dec 2019
The outstanding natural environment and dynamic cultural environment provide an excellent setting for the University of Otago Centre for Science Communication, the home of story-telling and science. Three Science Communication endorsements are available in the MSciComm, and this Master of Science Communication – Science in Society is one of them. Students in each endorsement produce a thesis comprising a creative component (e.g. film, book, exhibition etc.) and original research.
- The Craft of Storytelling
- Science Communication Internship
- Science Exhibitions and Interpretation
- Introduction to Science Communication
- Digital Production for Science Communication
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
You can find out more about our scholarship options by visiting our scholarship page: https://www.otago.ac.nz/international/future-students/international-scholarships/
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in February 2020
You can apply until: 10 Dec 2019
- For more details please visit program website.