Study in:New Zealand
Deadline: 10 Dec 2019
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science – Science Innovation and Enterprise at University of Otago allows people who are currently working to undertake blocks of study – one block for the certificate, a second block to complete the diploma. Alternatively, students may wish to complete the 120 point program in a continuous run.
The program of study
- shall consist of approved 400- and 500-level papers, to the value of 120 points, selected from the papers specified in Science Schedule D for the Master of Applied Science subject concerned.
- shall normally include papers from more than one subject.
- may, with the approval of the Head of Department or Course Director concerned, include papers worth up to 40 points from 400- and 500-level papers other than those specified in Science Schedule D.
A candidate who has completed the requirements for the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Science shall be exempted from those papers in the program for the diploma which have been previously passed for the certificate.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in February 2020
You can apply until: 10 Dec 2019
- For more details please visit program website.