Study in:United States
Deadline: 15 June 2019
The program offers a Master of Public Health Scholarship degree and a graduate Public Health minor. The M.P.H.. degree prepares learners to improve the health of populations with a primary focus on New Mexico, the Southwest, the United States/Mexico border region and south of the border. Graduates leave the program prepared to work in partnership with New Mexico’s diverse communities, tribes and the public and private sectors.The mission of the Community Health Concentration is to prepare students for leadership roles in population-based disease prevention and health promotion in public and private settings. The philosophical foundation of the concentration relies on a community capacity building, empowerment approach to promote social justice and equity in health.
Public Health Scholarship Included
- Intro to Population Health
- Global Health Challenges
- Population Health Biology
- Essentials of Epidemiology
- Health Sys Services Policies
- ST: Population Health
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 3 on a US 4.0 grading scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on a 4.0 scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- BS, BA or equivalent from an accredited U.S. institution, or a recognized foreign institution.
- Undergraduate basic statistics or graduate level basic biostatistics course with a 3.0 or higher. MD and PhD students who have received their accredited degrees from U.S. institutions are exempt from this requirement.
- All students must have completed one of the following recently (within five years):
- GRE with preferred verbal, quantitative and analytical writing scores around the 50th percentile, or
- MCAT with a preferred total score of 491 and a N in writing, or
- GMAT with a preferred score of 500 and above.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 15 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.