Deadline: 1 May 2019
Plants form the basis of life as they convert sunlight into an inexhaustible source of food and renewable raw materials. Plants also have a stabilising effect in (agro) ecosystems, a landscape function and ornamental value. In a nutshell, we can’t do without plants. Modern molecular biology has opened up a whole new range of techniques and possibilities to scientists working in the different fields of the classical plant sciences (e.g. plant physiology, plant breeding, plant pathology). The combination of these disciplines forms a challenging domain: Plant Biotechnology Program.The Plant Biotechnology Master at Wageningen University and Research is truly a research master that perfectly suits students with a bachelor degree in Biology or a bachelor degree in another laboratory oriented education.
Plant Biotechnology Program Includes :
Within the master program you can choose one of the following Specialisations to meet your personal interests.
- Functional Plant Genomics
- Plants for Human and Animal Health
- Molecular Plant Breeding and Pathology
- A BSc degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Plant Sciences, (Molecular) Life Sciences, Biotechnology or related fields.
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for this BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good skills in mathematics and/or statistics
- Basic computer skills
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 May 2019
- For more details please visit program website.