Study in:United States
Deadline: 15 Apr 2019
Students in the Fisheries and Mari-culture program at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi enjoy a low student-faculty ratio and opportunities to study the biology of ecologically and commercially important Gulf of Mexico species as well as economically important cultured marine species. Nearly all students receive financial support from assistantships, fellowships, or scholarships awarded by the university and by private and public agencies.
Faculty members supervise student research on topics ranging from fisheries ecology to habitat restoration and aquatic animal nutrition. In addition to university facilities, students can also conduct research at partner institutions including the Texas AgriLife Mariculture laboratories and the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Marine Development Center fish hatchery. Our students learn the skills necessary for positions in both the public and private sectors of the fisheries and mariculture industries, including field sampling, statistical analyses, molecular techniques and GIS.
- Fisheries Ecology & Management
- Mariculture Techniques
- Fisheries Techniques
- Statistical Method in Research
- Statistical Method in Research II
- Experimental Design
- Fisheries Techniques
- Apply for Admission via Apply Texas Application
- An applicant may defer admission to an earlier/later semester.
- $50 for US citizen, $70 for International Students
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate course work taken at any accredited college or university attended (International applicants will be required to submit relevant International transcripts)
- Official GRE scores (Within five years of the date of application)
- Essay (at least 300 words in length which includes educational and professional goals and the potential areas of interest)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores are required for international applicants from countries where English is not the native language.
- Three letters of recommendation
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi offers a variety of academically competitive scholarships for all students. The Scholarship Office assists students with the application process. The liaison also coordinates the process of manages and awarding scholarships.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 15 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.