Deadline: 18 Apr 2019
The supplementary education for veterinarians is provided by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science at SLU. The education comprises 120 credits during just over 2 years and is given in Uppsala.The education includes theoretical and practical training, aimed at a progressively deeper understanding of the veterinary professional role in Sweden, and of veterinary work in accordance with Swedish legislation and by Swedish standards.The Supplementary education for veterinarians course is taught at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
The education consists of compulsory courses but the possibility of individual adaption is available. The courses are offered as full-time in most cases, and a big part of the training is both scheduled and compulsory, especially during the clinical courses.
The education begins with theoretical courses on animal welfare and legislation knowledge, epizootic diseases, food safety and population medicine. The outline of the training during the introductory courses primarily consists of lectures, seminars and practical assignments, individually or in groups.
The education ends with training in veterinary public health and applied epidemiology and epizootiology.
- Veterinary Diploma from a country outside EU/EEA and Switzerland
- Decision from the Swedish Board of Agriculture on a supplementary education
- Knowledge in Swedish equivalent to the general entry requirement for Bachelor´s level studies in Sweden
- Knowledge in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in October 2019
You can apply until: 18 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.