Deadline: 30 Sep 2019
The aim of the Lighting Design professional master’s course at Wismar University – WINGS is to train lighting designers comprehensively. Students are encouraged to investigate artistic, physical and psychological aspects of lighting, using creative and autonomous methods. This is to be done while keeping both human well-being and the standards of sustainable architecture in mind.
The combination of ‘Lighting Design’ and ‘Design Management’ provides students with the creative and technical knowledge to manage lighting design projects as well as the economic and marketing aspects necessary to manage offices professionally. Students will understand market analysis tools and the strategic management approach. Design management also includes the vision of design as part of the customer value chain.
- Design Criteria
- Artificial Lighting
- Design Project: Conceptual Lighting Design
- Design Methods: Basics
- Lighting Applications and Sustainability
English Language Requirements
- academic degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) in a related field of study (architecture, interior design, design or electrical engineering) obtained from a national or international university, and
- at least one year of professional work experience within the related field after completing your first academic degree
Exception: If the first academic degree is not related to the field of study, the approval to study can only be given with proof of professional work experience.
The state promotes your continuing education through individual tax incentives. Depending on your individual income and your professional situation, you can claim the expenses of the distance learning course as tax deductible professional expenses or special expenses so that receive total or partial reimbursement.
Financing by the Employer
Many enterprises support the continuing education of their employees by granting a leave of absence or financial support. Within the framework of individual agreements/ contracts there is the possibility to integrate your qualification aims into a personal development concept.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in November 2019
You can apply until: 30 Sep 2019
- For more details please visit program website.