Deadline: 1 Sep 2019
Nanomaterials Science is essential building block that can produce chemicals in an environmentally friendly manner, harvest light to supply energy, and help develop faster computers and better medicines.
Chemistry of the future
The dimensions of systems at the microscopic level determine their physical and chemical properties and applications. Your studies will provide you with the tools to analyse and experiment with these properties and possibilities. In addition, the course content will introduce you to the nanomaterials of tomorrow, including colloidal crystals – a new tool for the manipulation of light in miniature lasers and optical devices – and new catalysts for more efficient and environmentally friendly chemistry.
- Adsorption, Kinetics and Catalysis
- Academic Context
- Introducing Natural Sciences
- Dilemmas of the Scientist
- Organometallic Chemistry and Homogenous Catalysis
- Advanced Spectroscopy of Nanomaterials
- Advanced Organic Synthesis
- Synthesis of Heterogeneous Catalysts and Related Materials
- This is a selective master. You will be considered for admission to the Master’s program Nanomaterials science if you hold a University bachelor degree and can demonstrate a high level of knowledge and command of methods and skills in the relevant field.
Additionally we consider:
- Motivation and talent (also on the basis of average grade and past studies progress).
- General high level of professional and intellectual ability.
- Command of the English language.
- Specifically, you should possess a sound basic knowledge and practical skills in physical, inorganic and organic chemistry.
Scholarships, fellowships, and grants offered by Utrecht University, the Dutch government, and other organisations can help fund your studies at the university. Please note that the scholarship options for programmes starting in February are limited. You can begin your search for funding by reviewing the list below, which contains some of the scholarships and loans available to international students.
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
- Holland Scholarship
- Canadian student loans
- Fulbright / NAF
- US Federal Loans
- Orange Tulip Scholarship
- Erasmus+ Master loans
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in February 2020
You can apply until: 1 Sep 2019
For more details please visit program website.