Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 30 June 2019
We draw on the knowledge and clinical experience of a community of developmental, clinical and health psychologists, to help you understand children and young people’s mental health and well being from this perspective.The Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Psychological Practice program from The University of Edinburgh includes both conceptual and applied elements. At the conceptual level, the program will review different theories of children and young people’s mental health involved in the complex structure of typical and atypical development. At the applied level it will include the application of psychological knowledge to understanding the difficulties experienced by children and young people and the critical appraisal of psychological knowledge and its implications.
- Child Development in Practice
- Attachment: Theory and Application
- Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- Inferential Statistics in Applied Psychology
- Social Inequality and Child and Adolescent Mental Health (online learning)
- Applied Developmental Psychopathology
- Evidence-Based Psychological Interventions
- Parenting: Theory and Practice
- Critical Psychology and Mental Health (online learning)
- Trauma and Resilience in a Developmental Context (online learning)
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
Experience of working or volunteering with children and/or young people is highly desirable.
We may also consider your application if you have other professional qualifications or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.