Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 15 Jan 2020
This PGCE Secondary Program (History) at Bishop Grosseteste University is an integrated academic and professional preparation for teaching, combining study at either postgraduate or professional level with practical training to meet the Teachers’ Standards.
You will consider the broader aspects of teaching, contexts for learning, the latest government initiatives and contemporary issues in teaching, learning and assessment. You will also work alongside trainee teachers of other subjects to consider cross-curricular aspects of education. These topics will introduce you to your career in the teaching profession.
- Theory into Practice
- Classroom Focused Research
- School Placement
English Language Requirements
This program may require students to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Lower Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics at the time of application.
- A relevant honours degree at a 2:2 classification or above; please see below for the degree subject requirements for individual specialisms. (Where the degree result is to be awarded in the year of application, we will require a predicted degree classification as part of an academic reference provided on the application)
- Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy
- Declaration of Health
- DBS (formerly the CRB) Enhanced Disclosure
Experience in a relevant setting is important as it will help you to make sure that you are aware of the role of a teacher in the twenty-first century. You need to gain some experience in schools as this is a good starting point for you to gain an interview for the Secondary PGCE.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2020
You can apply until: 15 Jan 2020
- For more details please visit program website.