Deadline: 30 June 2019
The Wave Physics and Acoustics program from the Institut d’Acoustique-Graduate School (IA-GS) is dedicated for high level students with diverse educational backgrounds (including e.g. Bachelor Degrees in physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science and acoustics), who wish to pursue an international career in academia or in leading companies.
It is an international Master’s program with an excellent scientific training, and a careful choice of state-of-the-art research lectures, in direct relation to the latest research findings of the international scientific community (e.g. topological acoustics, machine learning in acoustic emission, metamaterials…).
- Physics of Waves I, II and III
- Maths and numerical methods for waves / Signal Processing I and II
- Physical Acoustics
- Introduction to research, tools and methods for research
- Elastic waves, vibrations and introduction to nonlinear waves
- Training to international research, projects, research internship and thesis
- Advanced lectures on Waves (by international experts from MIT, Athens…)
English Language Requirements
- To apply to this international Master program, a bachelor Degree is mandatory, in the following fields: physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science, acoustics.
- A selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the students on the basis of the Bachelor results, matching of the profile with the Master’s program and motivation.
- Each academic year, 10 scholarships will be awarded to the best WPA students (5 in Master 1 and 5 in Master 2) by the IA-GS selection committee. The annual amount of the IA-GS scholarship is 5000€ per student and per academic year. The selection is based on academic excellence (overall Bachelor grade and scientific test grade), personal project and motivation.
- An important budget from IA-GS is allocated to fund student international mobility. As such, students will be offered the possibility to carry out internships abroad to the partners of our international network of more than 60 institutions comprising, e.g. KTH Stockholm, CALTECH, MIT, Harvard, Université de Sherbrooke, UCSD, WSU, UPenn, …
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.