Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 15 Jan 2020
Reasons to study the Mechatronics (Hons) program from De Montfort University:
- DMU has achieved Gold, the highest ranking possible under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) – Indicating the outstanding learning and teaching on offer at DMU.
- Enhance your skills with an integrated master’s – This course can be studied as a three year BEng (Hons) or a four year MEng (Hons) degree, allowing you to continue your study with a number of modules at master’s level in year four, to further develop your skills and enhance your employability
- Taught by experienced staff – Who will help you gain a sound understanding of engineering principles along with personal skills that will enable you to embark on a rewarding career
- Specialist facilities – Including a large, open plan mechanical laboratory designed to accommodate the study of thermofluids, solid mechanics and dynamics, with specialist laboratories in material science, dynamics and control as well as an Engine Test Cell
- Further enhance your professional skills by joining DMU Racing – Our students are challenged to design and build a single-seat racing car, which is then tested at the famous Silverstone Circuit Our weekly Electronics Club covers further practical electronics, in a structured social and educational club for students from across the faculty
- Work placement opportunities – Enhance your practical and professional skills, with recent placements undertaken at Cummings, Network Rail and Caterpillar
- Enjoy an international experience with #DMUglobal – We offer all students the opportunity to take part in a #DMUglobal experience, which can enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons. Previous #DMUglobal trips have included New York, Berlin, Hong Kong, China, Canada, Japan, South Africa, Russia and Italy to name a few.
Mechatronics MEng addresses theoretical and practical aspects of digital electronics, embedded systems, programming and dynamic systems, giving you the mathematical knowledge to analyse these using manual calculations and computer-aided methods.
The duration of the MEng program is four years and the BEng program is three years. At the end of year three you have the option of exiting with a BEng degree or continuing for a further year, subject to meeting the progression requirements for the MEng degree.
- Engineering Maths
- Mechanical Principles – Statics
- Electronic Circuits and Systems
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Principles – Dynamics
- Design and Manufacture
- Electronics CAE and Programming Fundamentals
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent, plus one of the following:
- Normally 120 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent, including one of the following subjects: Mathematics or Physics at grade C or
- Engineering or Physics BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DDM or
- Pass in one of the following QAA accredited Access to HE course: Access to HE Engineering, Engineering Science, Engineering Science and Mathematics, Physics and Engineering, Physics and Mathematics or, Electronics and Computer Engineering
- If you are studying an alternative Access course that is related to Engineering, Mathematics or Physics please contact us for more details.
De Montfort University (DMU) have a range of scholarships and discounts available for courses starting in September.
- DMU International Scholarship – A limited number of DMU International Scholarships are available on a first-come, first served basis upon receipt of a £3,000 tuition fee deposit.
- Leicester Castle Business School Scholarships – Principal’s Scholarship – £1,000; Global MBA Scholarship – £3,000 – £5,000.
- LGBTQ + Allies Scholarship – Two fully funded postgraduate taught scholarship packages including full fee waiver and maintenance bursary.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in October 2020
You can apply until: 15 Jan 2020
- For more details please visit program website.