Deadline: 20 Jul 2019
In a world of fast-paced science and technology, one could face difficulties in finding a stable and rewarding career. Mechatronics and Robotics is a powerful industry which will definitely remain significant to the global economy in the many years ahead. So if you want to have a profitable and sustainable carrier, this Mechatronics program at ITMO University is for you!.In a world of fast-paced science and technology, one could face difficulties in finding a stable and rewarding career. The only way to keep up with the times and reach professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field which will remain relevant for decades to come.
The Mechatronics program at ITMO University:
- develops understanding of modern trends and challenges in robotics and mechatronics and the ability to solve various industrial and research tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- improves skills in effective use of modern information technologies for design of robotic and mechatronic systems (·robot programming from low (ARM, AVR, FPGA coding) to high (C/C++, Python) level using different development environments (Matlab, ROS, LabView; robot sensors and computer vision for navigation, motion planning, motion capture, and human-robot interfaces etc.);
- provides students with wide knowledge in control theory and algorithms, as well as various types of mechanisms, actuators and sensors used for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- develops skills in creative and non-standard approaches for the design of the structure, control algorithms and software for various robotic systems;
- improves soft skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues working on projects in groups and effectively communicate with researchers around the world;
- trains qualified researchers and university teachers who are able to participate in R&D projects, as well as to share their knowledge with students.
Career Options: experts in robot-enabled manipulation and manufacturing, autonomous ground, water and air vehicles and smart transportation, wearable, collaborative and medical robotics; medicine, namely: in the fields of surgical robotic technologies, development of various types of exoskeletons and mobile platforms for patients transportation, as well as robot limbs construction; in research institutions and design offices (design and construction of complex technical systems). Therefore, the graduates will be in great demand wherever there are machines and equipment that needs to be properly maintained and duly repaired.
There are four study tracks in the curriculum. Students are able to choose one of them, depending on their preferences:
- Biomechatronics (double-degree with Tallinn University of Technology)
- Mechatronic Systems and Technologies (double-degree with Lappeenranta University of Technology)
- Intelligent Robotics
- Network and Multi-Agent Systems
English Language Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Communications, automation, control and signal processing, mechatronics and robotics or equivalent with good/excellent grades.
- Upper-intermediate level of English.
- For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 20 Jul 2019
- For more details please visit program website.