Deadline: 1 Jul 2019
A project-based approach to learning is used in the Mechanical Engineering Technician — Design (Fast Track) courses. In small groups, you work on specific projects, learning how to plan, schedule, create, design and build as a part of a team. You also learn advanced computer-assisted drafting and computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) skills.The Mechanical Engineering Technician – Design (Fast-Track) program at Centennial College offers variety to those who can combine strong conceptual thinking with a practical knowledge of machines and how they work.You may either graduate as a technician after one year or continue with additional study and co-op work experience in Centennial College’s Mechanical Engineering Technology – Design program. The additional study takes an extra year to complete.
- College Communications
- Technology Mathematics
- Machine Shop
- Mechanical Drafting (Inventor)
- CAD/CAM and CNC Programming
- Fluid Mechanics
- Report Writing in a Technical Environment
- Global Citizenship: From Social Analysis to Social Action
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Tool Design
- Quality Assurance
- Project: Design and Construction
- Applied Dynamics for Technicians
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 3 on a US 4.0 grading scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on a 4.0 scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Transcript and resume review
- Centennial College English Skills Assessment (must score 170 or 171 for admission)
- Centennial College Engineering Math Skills Assessment may be requested (applicants will be notified individually)
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in January 2020
You can apply until: 1 Jul 2019
For more details please visit program website.