Deadline: 15 Jul 2019
The Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering at University of Medicine and Pharmacy Grigore T. Popa was created to respond to increased needs for healthcare in our society. A biomedical engineer acts as an integrator between medical specialists and technological specialists. Also, approaches to enable prevention of injury and disease and support healthy aging and engineered novel therapeutics.
Programme structure* (max 960 characters including spaces): 2 years, 120 credits:
- Curriculum designed to develop professional competencies
- Clinical education across diverse areas of practice
How do biomedical engineers differ from other engineers?
- Biomedical engineers must integrate biology and medicine with engineering to solve problems related to living systems.
- Biomedical engineers are expected to integrate their engineering skills with their understanding of the complexity of biological systems in order to improve medical practice.
- Standardized Application Form for the issue of the Letter of Acceptance to study (non-E.U. states) / Certificate form (E.U. states) (2 copies), completely filled out and signed;
- 2 copies and 2 certified translations of the Baccalaureate Diploma, or an equivalent to the Baccalaureate Diploma certified by the relevant authority in the issuing country, including the grades obtained in the Baccalaureate exam. Graduates of 2018 who have not yet received their Baccalaureate Diplomas will submit an official certification signed and/or stamped (depending on the standard procedure of the respective institution), issued by the institution organizing the Baccalaureate Exam; the document should indicate the fact that the candidate has passed the examination and should list the grades obtained for each subject matter (2 certified copies).
- 2 copies and 2 certified translations of high-school transcripts or study records.
- Other mandatory documents to be submitted in 2 certified copies, or 2 copies and certified translations, according to the in force list of high-school diplomas recognised by the Ministry of National Education in Romania for the registration of the foreign citizens
- Birth certificate – 2 copies and 2 certified translations.
- A copy of the document specifying the permanent home address in the country of origin (issued by the respective Town Hall or the Prefecture).
- A copy of the passport (pages 1, 2, 3 and 4) valid for at least 6 months following acceptance to study at the University. EU citizens can submit 2 copies of the Identity Document;
- proof of name change/ name change certificate (if it is the case) – 2 copies and 2 certified translations.
- A medical certificate from the country of origin or residence containing proof of hepatitis B vaccination, information whether or not the candidate is registered as suffering from chronic diseases, a mention that the candidate does not suffer from contagious diseases or other diseases incompatible with the future profession, and the candidate’s psychiatric evaluation.
- certified copies of the Graduation Diploma for the certificate of language skills in the language of tuition, with level B2 / independent user as the minimal accepted level, for all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, speaking), with the exception of citizens of states where French is an official language (France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Canada, Switzerland, Benin) and citizens of states where English is an official language (Great Britain, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, India, Canada and South Africa ).
- Statement regarding the enrollment options
- A receipt of payment of the file processing fee;
- Checklist of submitted documents.
International language skills certificate in the study language that the candidate wishes to study in, at least B2 level, not older than 2 years, excepting those valid for life according to the following: Cambridge ESOL:
- PET / Preliminary English Test (minim Passed with Distinction)
- FCE / First Certificate in English
- CAE / Cambridge Advanced in English
- CPE / Cambridge Proficiency in English
- BEC / Business English Certificate Preliminary (minim Passed with Distinction)
- BEC Vantage
- BEC Higher
- ESOL Skills for Life – Level 1, Level 2
- ECCE / Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English
- ECPE / Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English
International English Language Testing System:
- IELTS General or Academic, minimum score 6 / „competent user”
- TOEFL iBT, minimum score 87 points
- TOEFT ITP, minimum score 543 points
- TOEIC (minimum scores 400 in listening, 385 in reading, 160 in speaking, 150 in writing)
- APTIS – minim level B2
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
- LCCI / ELSA – minim level B2
- LCCI / JETSET – level 5, level 6
- LCCI / EFB – level 2, level 3
Pearson Language Tests:
- PTE General – Level 3
- PTE Academic – minimum score 51
- Edexcel – Level 1, Level 2
European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages:
- ECL – minimum level B2
- minimum score 572
GCE / General Certificate of Education:
- Advanced Level in English or at least C for the test Use of English
Trinity College London:
- Integrated Skills in English / ISE II, ISE III, ISE IV
- Graded Examinations in Spoken English / GESE with minimum grade 7
Boston Educational Services
- iTEP / International Test of English Proficiency – Academic, minimum score 4
- language skills certificate, at least B2 level, issued by The Modern Language Center of The University of Medicine and Pharmacy Grigore T. Popa Iasi
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in October 2019
You can apply until: 15 Jul 2019
- for more details please visit program website.