The Electrical Engineering program offered by the Illinois Institute of Technology is a degree program combining breadth across several areas of study within electrical engineering and specialization within one area, which includes an option to pursue thesis research under the guidance of a faculty adviser.
Areas of study include communication and signal processing; computers and microelectronics; and power and control systems. The program is normally completed in three semesters of full-time study.
- Communication Electronics
- Communication Systems
- Communication Systems with Laboratory
- Digital and Data Communications
- Digital and Data Communications with Laboratory
- Microwave Circuits and Systems
- Microwave Circuits and Systems with Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing I with Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing I
- Image Processing
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 3 on a US 4.0 grading scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on a 4.0 scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Direct Entry students must have TOEFL Composite of 80 or higher or IELTS Composite of 6.5 or higher.
- Students at TOEFL Composite of 70-89 or IELTS Composite of 5.5-6.0 can be tested upon entry and with sufficient scores take concurrent English courses, PESL.
- In general, Illinois Tech requires a four-year bachelor’s degree* conferred with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution for regular admission.
- GRE is required.
- Personal Statement is required.
- Letter of Recommendation is recommended, but not required.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 1 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.