Study in:United States
Deadline: 1 June 2019
The Master of Telecommunications and Software Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology, jointly offered by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and Department of Computer Science (CS), can be completed in one year of full-time study.
A person holding a B.S.E.E., a B.S.CP.E. or a B.S.C.S. degree has the necessary broad background to undertake the M.T.S.E. program. A student without adequate background in specific areas is required to demonstrate proficiency in prerequisite courses; an abbreviated list is given below. Specific proficiency courses will be detailed for each student at the time of admission to the M.T.S.E. program.
- Introduction to Computer Networks AND/OR
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Communication Engineering Fundamentals
- Performance Evaluation of Computers Networks AND/OR
- Design and Optimization of Computer Networks
- Software Systems Architecture
- Programming Project Management
- Object-Oriented Information Systems
- Software Metrics
- Software Testing and Assurance
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 3 on a US 4.0 grading scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on a 4.0 scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Direct Entry students must have TOEFL Composite of 80 or higher or IELTS Composite of 6.5 or higher.
- Students at TOEFL Composite of 70-89 or IELTS Composite of 5.5-6.0 can be tested upon entry and with sufficient scores take concurrent English courses, PESL.
- In general, Illinois Tech requires a four-year bachelor’s degree* conferred with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution for regular admission.
- GRE is required.
- Personal Statement is required.
- Letter of Recommendation is recommended, but not required.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 1 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.