Deadline: 30 June 2019
UM currently hosts over 1,000 full-time international students and over 450 visiting students. The ever-increasing international students coming from various countries, in recent years, have transformed this 400-year old institution into an international campus.The international students generally describe Malta as a safe place, enjoying excellent weather and an all-year varied cultural program. Malta is considered as the ideal place for students to study.
Areas of Research – Mechanical Stream
- Building Services
- Computer aided engineering (cfd: computational fluid dynamics and fea: finite element analysis)
- Cooling of Electrical Machines
- Energy Storage
- Environmental engineering
- Formability of sheet materials
- Internal combustion engines
- Naval architecture
- Pressure vessels
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Lower Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree with at least Second Class Honours or
- (b) a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree with at least Second Class Honours in appropriate subjects as approved by the Board or
- (c) a Bachelor’s degree with a Third Class Honours in Engineering or in a relevant area of study and are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience following their first cycle degree or
- (d) equivalent qualifications approved by Senate on the recommendation of the Board.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in October 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more detail please visit program website.