Deadline: 30 June 2019
Students in the Earth Sciences Engineering Masters program from University of Miskolc are trained to manage situations in creative ways, to plan exploration projects, and to develop new methods. Applied Geology and Geophysics is closely linked to mineral exploration and development in different fields of extractive industries: hydrocarbon, metallic minerals, industrial minerals, aggregates.
Since the extractive industry is one of the most globalised sectors in our time, this training programme provides a great advantage if the graduates learn and practice the subjects in the generally accepted language of profession, English. The high-level practical skills and the theoretical knowledge gained in earth sciences as well as in engineering prepare students to carry out and manage research and development activities within their area of specialisation, as well as to become involved in academic research and to pursue doctoral studies.The aim of the Earth Sciences Engineering programme from University of Miskolc is to provide geological and geophysics engineers with the technical knowledge and engineering solutions needed for the exploration of subsurface and raw mineral resources and their management, as well as for carrying out environmental assessments and the remediation of environmental contamination.
- Numerical methods and optimization
- Engineering physics
- Physical Geology
- Mineralogy and Geochemistry
- Geodesy, spatial informatics
- Computer science for engineers
- Gradual research seminar
- BSc in earth science or earth science engineering degree, CGPA 60% or higher
- Language proficiency: C1 (advanced) level is preferred, but minimum B2 on the CEFR scale or IELTS (academic version) 5.5 minimum score or identical language exam. BSc degree holders, if the language of instruction was English are exempt from language test requirement.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 201
- For more details please visit program website.