Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 15 Aug 2019
“Fantastic course, well delivered and structured, with relevant content and interesting assignments. Thoroughly enjoyable.”The Geographic Information Systems course from Ulster University has been designed to provide a broad-based and hands-on education in the principles and practice of GIS. Content focuses on the representation, acquisition, management, manipulation and analysis of spatial data. It also includes modules on remote sensing, spatial databases, web-GIS and GIS in the commercial environment. Additional optional modules include GIS work experience, spatial analysis and modelling, GIS for environmental management, and Customising GIS.
- Principles of GIS
- Spatial Data Management
- Remote Sensing
- GIS in Business and Society
- Web-based GIS
- GIS Databases
- Spatial Analysis and Modelling
- Customising GIS
- GIS for Environmental Management
- Work Experience / Workplace Project
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Lower Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Applicants are generally expected to have a minimum 2(ii) Honors degree with a substantial component of Geography, Environmental Science or Computing or related disciplines, although candidates with qualifications in other relevant subjects will be considered on an individual basis.
- Candidates without the standard academic qualifications will also be considered, based on significant relevant work experience; in such cases, previous experience of GIS will be an advantage, and should be explained in detail on the application form.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 15 Aug 2019
- For more details please visit program website.