Study in:United Kingdom
Deadline: 12 May 2019
In addition, the scope of what is covered by environmental management is becoming broader with elements of sustainability being embedded within industry standards.Up on completion of this Sustainability and Environmental Management course from University of Derby, you will be eligible to join the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) as a graduate member (GradIEMA) and fast track to Practitioner Member status (PIEMA) depending on your experience.
As the scope of what is covered by environmental management broadens, by extension the skills environmental practitioners and managers are expected to have now includes social and financial skillsets such as corporate governance, making environmental business cases, communication and reporting, sustainable value chain and sustainable business management among others.
- International Environmental Policy and Law
- Sustainable Business Management
- Tools for delivering sustainable solutions to Environmental Problems
- Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Global Resource Management
- Low Carbon Energy Management
- Pollution Assessment and Remediation
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Lower Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- You will normally need an undergraduate degree (minimum 2:2). A science or related degree is preferred but a range of degrees will be considered.
- If you don’t have this qualification but do have extensive and relevant work experience at an appropriate level, we welcome your application.
- You must provide a CV detailing your academic and work experience and a reference from your workplace or the institution where you undertook your previous study. This information should be included as part of your online application.
- We have a range of scholarships and discounts available to students from outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
- We award scholarships based on your application to study; there is no separate form to complete. All applications from eligible students will be considered for a scholarship by our international admissions team. We will notify you of your scholarship when we make you an offer, and apply your discount to your remaining fees.
- You must be applying for a full-time degree and applications for postgraduate research, online studies, foundation and pre-sessional language programmes are not eligible for a discount or scholarship.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in May 2019
You can apply until: 12 May 2019
- For more details please visit program website.